Posts Y'all Like

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Home is where the heart is...





I'm getting more and more apprehensive about leaving this little, unique town of Oxford, MS. It is difficult realizing how very much I will be missed, but also utterly heartwarming. To know that my darling friends love and appreciate me as much (if that is possible!) as I love them is the best gift I could ever be given. Everybody wants to know that they have left an impact somewhere, even in the smallest way. The tears that will be shed when I say goodbye to Oxford as HOME and go back to my original home will be many years in the making and great in quantity. When I come and visit (in November!!), I will be a visitor. At the same time, I'm going home. It is just odd when you hit that point when home becomes so many different places, because your heart no longer lies in only one location. It's nice to know that there are very few places I could ever hope to visit where I would not have a place to stay and friends to play and laugh with. Being loved is all I could ever hope for, and I already have that times 100. I'm eager to see what the next chapter in life will bring me, and also wary because I know myself--and I don't like change.

No comments:

Post a Comment